Do you have an effective estate plan in place, one that will ensure your wishes are carried out in the event of your death? Is there someone designated to handle your financial affairs, or to make medical decisions for you, if you cannot? Whether you are retiring or just starting a family, embarking on a business venture, or trying to minimize potential estate taxes, it’s important to have a clear plan in place.
- Wills and Trusts
- Advance Health Care Directives & Health Care Proxies (“Living Wills”)
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Wealth Preservation and Asset Protection
- Gift Planning
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Special Needs Trusts
- Business Succession Planning
- Elder Law and Medicaid Planning
Have you been named as personal representative (executor or administrator) of the estate of a loved one? We can guide you through the process of settling the estate.
- Obtaining letters of appointment
- Notifying beneficiaries
- Securing a bond
- Submitting insurance claims
- Filing tax returns
- Preparing an accounting, formal or informal
- Paying debts
- Distributing assets
- Funding trusts
- Submitting Refunding Bonds & Releases to the Surrogate
When we represent you as the buyer or seller of real estate, residential or commercial, we keep in contact with lender, title agency, realtors, and other lawyers so that you are apprised of the latest developments. Inspection issues, title exceptions, and mortgage conditions are addressed in a timely fashion in order to keep the transaction on schedule.
We have handled many “short sales”: the mortgage lender agrees to release the lien in return for a payment, at closing, that is less than the full balance due on the loan. If your home or investment property is “under water”– if the amount due on the mortgage loan exceeds the property’s fair market value – a “short sale” may be a viable alternative to foreclosure.
We also handle landlord/tenant disputes.
- Residential and commercial purchases and leases
- All aspects of residential short sales
- Landlord/tenant disputes; evictions; ejectment actions
When you have been hurt because of someone else’s negligence, life can overwhelm you in a hurry. You may be unable to work and worry about meeting your financial obligations. You may face extensive medical treatment, including lengthy rehabilitation or physical therapy. You may experience significant pain every day. An experienced attorney can help you pursue full and fair compensation for your losses.
We focus our personal injury practice on cases involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents—We represent people who have been injured as drivers or passengers in accidents involving automobiles, trucks, motorcycles and mass transit vehicles. We also handle pedestrian accident claims.
- Slips and falls—We litigate claims involving injuries suffered on commercial or residential property, including cases involving ice and snow, broken steps or stairways, and other dangerous conditions.
We will gather and preserve the evidence, prepare and file the necessary pleadings or other documents, negotiate with the other party or insurance company, and represent you at the hearing or trial.
We will help you pursue monetary compensation for all compensable losses.
We take all personal injury claims on a contingency basis. We won’t charge you an attorney fee, but instead we will seek an attorney’s fee award as part of a settlement, ruling, or verdict.
We assist business owners with formation and set-up, contract preparation and negotiation, resolution of disputes within and outside the organization, and planning for the future.
- Business Corporations and LLC’s
- Partnerships and Joint Ventures
- Non-profit Organizations
- Resolution of Business Disputes
- Business Succession Planning